In New Delhi (India) Shannoo Khan was punished by teacher made to stand in the sun for over two hours, died at a hospital here on Friday.
Shannoo Khan wasa student of Class two at the ND Primary School in Narela, North Delhi.
The incident allegedly occurred on Thursday when Shannoo failed to recite the English alphabet in class. Angered by this, the teacher allegedly hit Shannoo's head against the table and made her stand in the sun for over two hours. Unable to stand the heat, Shannoo fainted and was found unconscious by her younger sister, who studies in the same school.
The girl then informed their mother, Rihanna, who rushed Shannoo to Maharshi Valmiki Hospital. Shannoo's father, Ayub Khan, who works as a waiter in a catering company, was away in Haryana for work.
Meanwhile Shannoo khan was undergoing treatment for "ventilatory failure" in the intensive care unit (ICU) of the Lok Nayak Hospital.Dr. A. P. Dubey, head of the department, pediatrics, Lok Nayak Hospital said "She was brought to our hospital in a critical condition. We have examined the child and her blood pressure is very low due to which she remains in a state of shock. Her pulse is very weak too. She is on a ventilator and we can comment on her condition only tomorrow,"
Earlier in the day, the Delhi Government and the Centre promised they would take strict action against those involved in the incident.
Union Minister for Women and Child Welfare Renuka Chowdhury promised justice would be done.
The principal and the teacher have been suspended.